AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting together a HT which will not allow the projector to be mouted overhead from ceiling. That's the only way I've done them in the past. I've seen lit which showed a projector placed in cabinet between a row of 4 theater chairs.

Has anyone done this or can you point me in the right direction? Phil

·
Registered
916 Posts
I have seen CRTs mounted this way and they are much bigger than a Digital pj.

If you are backing it up to a riser, make it a hush box as well with its own ventilation, sound deadening etc... Put some optically clear glass and your set. run a duct to a remote mounted fan to suck air through it to keep the temps in there at ambient. If it backs up to a riser you could run the duct through there and outside the room to vent the heat.

Should be a killer setup with a high power screen if you need the brightness.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Excluding line of projection to the screen and line of foot to the projector I know of no other problem with your plan. My first theater used a crt projector mounted on the floor. If you are starting from scratch and have access to the flooring you can run necessary wiring and, perhaps ducting. A hot stream of air from a digital projector is uncomfortable on one's knees, so that is an area of concern... Art

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.