Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

No, this is not the same old question about how far the pj should be in relation to screen. I think I have a unique question here (or maybe one that has not been posted in quite awhile). I would like to ceiling mount a pj in my living room(which will also serve as my theater room), but there is one question about it. I have a large ceiling fan at the peak of the ceiling (cathedral ceiling), and it only hangs down about a foot or so. The placement of the pj (either a Panasonic PT-AE100 or Epson ELP-TW100) will be such that it will hang down a decent amout (4ft. or so), below and just in front of the ceiling fan's blades. Knowing that the Panny's air filter and intake are on the underside (which of course will be up in ceiling mount config.), will this expose the air intake & filter to unneccessary dust?

I can always place the pj on a special projector stand (Da-Lite model# PH800-1250), but it would be nice to have it hanging from the ceiling and out of the way. So, if anyone has any comments or suggestions, I would gladly like to hear them. -Dan

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow, 46 people have looked at my post and still no replies. I was sure someone like LoFi, Morpheus, snathan, or maybe even diseaseboy would have a friendly comment or suggestion. How easy or hard is it for dust to get thru the filter and enter the optical assembly? Do most of our experienced members have their pjs ceiling mounted? One thing I didn't mention in the original post is removing the ceiling fan is not an option (have you ever lived in Texas during the summer!!!!!!!!!!). So, I was just looking to hear some thoughts and maybe even suggestions. -Dan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.