AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm adding a projector to my basement. The attached image shows my calculations for projector placement. My two main problems are the projector I am considering doesn't have lens shift (it does have a 50 pixel digital shift that should allow me to get 2" or so of adjustment), and I'm trying to place my screen so I can paint it but won't have the projector for another week or so to test!

Mainly I just wanted someone to validate my assumptions, the primary one being that if my drop ceiling doesn't intersect the imaginary line from the top of my projector then I won't have any problems. Someone to check my math wouldn't hurt either

·
Registered
6,372 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsbwc34 /forum/post/20895982

I'm adding a projector to my basement. The attached image shows my calculations for projector placement. My two main problems are the projector I am considering doesn't have lens shift (it does have a 50 pixel digital shift that should allow me to get 2" or so of adjustment), and I'm trying to place my screen so I can paint it but won't have the projector for another week or so to test!

Mainly I just wanted someone to validate my assumptions, the primary one being that if my drop ceiling doesn't intersect the imaginary line from the top of my projector then I won't have any problems. Someone to check my math wouldn't hurt either

Personally I would be patient and wait to get the projector mounted.. but that is just me.

Over the years of being impatient I have learned .. over and over and over again, haste makes waste.. It is better to wait if there is any question rather than do something over a second time. Good luck with your project!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts