AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front of my couch will be 15 ft. from my screen. How far should the projector be from the screen? Ceiling mount.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
That all varies on throw distance and projector type....some are short throw some are long throw lenses.....any ideas on what you are looking at projector wise?

·
Registered
467 Posts
If your asking for the ideal position I would say somewhere behind you is always preferable. You might not have a choice though depending on which projectors your looking at.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by zeus75
HS20 whenever it comes out.
What size screen do you want? "Assuming" the throw distance for the HS20 is the same as the HS10 and it probably is, then you could have 100" to 120" diagonal 16:9 if you mount your projector over your seating area. Bigger if farther back and smaller if in front of the seating area. (Verify my assumption, before you buy anything.)

Check out ProjectorCentral.com and click on Projection Calc. Select Sony HS10 and type in various variables to see what distance will give what size screen.

I went with 100" diagonal at 12ft seating distance. I would recommend you go bigger for 15ft seating distance to get that theater experience.

Another consideration is ease of running wires if you want to run them in walls or ceiling. I only had one practical spot to place my HS10. Fortunately the location gave me a screen size range that suited my seating arrangement.

Gary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.