Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have been using an old (1986-ish vintage!) Barco DATA-PC CRT projector in my home theater for a number of years now. Yesterday, when I turned it on, the switching power supply finally bit the dust (one of the voltage rails failed, I think). At any rate, I have decided that the time has probably come for me to say goodbye to the old beast and move on. As it's been a while since I've bought a projector, I'm not up on many model numbers / etc. I'm hoping I can draw on the collective knowledge and experience of this board to give me a starting place. Here's my list of requirements:

1. Looking for something in the

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
It sounds like a SONY 12XX will fit your bill.

Although I hear that they can be a bit noisy. I am using a 1031Q that is completly analog and I dont find convergence to be hard at all. It might have been worse on the barco. The 1031Q is a nice little projector and quiet. It can scan to 36Khz but it only has 5.5" CRT's as well. It is plenty bright I have no complaints I have compaired it to the brightness of a DWIN HD-700 which is a nice digital 7" HDTV projector. If you can find one of those it would be a great unit as well, Just as Steve Bruzonski :)

I am possibly getting a 1270 and if the thing is as noisy as I hear it can be I am going to try differant fans or if its that bad Ill reasell it. I like the quietness of my 1031Q. I am just doing line doubling also with a DWIN LD-5 line doubler.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
sony 1272 are nec 6 are 9 pg

xanatos

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
xanatos:

(and I mean this in the nicest of possible ways)

What the hell are you talking about?????????

Curt

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Curt, sunstitute "or" for his "are's".

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
ALL RIGHT CURT THE SONY 1272 OR THE NEC 6 OR 9 PG

XANATOS

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Vic, I know what you mean about the quietness of the 1031. I have finally replaced the fans with some NMB (?) fans, and the machine is a mere whisper. Now if I could figure out how to get my PG9 this quiet and still cool the C-drive and F-drive chips, I'd have a real winner. But I'm working on it.

Marc

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Running a 1031Q without fans is sweet. Silence is actually silence! Well, almost. My HTPC still has fans. Though an HTPC can be slienced or relocated. As far as widescreen vs. anamorphic aspect ratios with the 1031Q's analog convergence, that is a cavet IMHO. It would be neat if someone rigged in a switch to toggle between a 2nd set of pots set for another aspect ratio. It can't be too hard to do. Hell, throw in a third set for 4:3. Then you'd be set! Has anyone tried this?! Can anyone try this?!

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
I think that with your budget of $2k you can get much more of a projector

than you think. You could even get one of the mint 9" ampro machines I'll

be selling this week. (wink)

Troy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.