AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The room dimensions are 20x15 with a 9 ft. ceiling. Lighting will be an issue. The room is a loft and is open to the family room below. Not sure if anyone has done this, but I am thinking of getting some type of curtains that I could hang intermittently when the lighting is too much. Suggestions welcomed for the projector, screen, and placement of the projector( ceiling or rear wall). I would like to keep costs closse to $2000-2500. I will be using this for DVD's, HD sports viewing and gaming. If you cannot tell I am new to this.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Chris

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Do lots of reading
. There are so many choices that will fit your requirements. We don't know what your preferences are - you've only given the room conditions. Only you can decide what will work (and we can't get inside your head). No pain, no gain.

Don't forget the sound system. PJs do not have speakers (except for the Movie-Time ones). A good surround sound system (and not an HTIB) is 50% of the HT experience.

Every one of us can give you suggestions, but they are based on our own biases and preferences (which won't necessarily satisfy you). Any suggestion that I would make would open the flood gates and you would get so many differing opinions that you will get more confused than you are now

For starters, I recommend going to www.projectorreviews.com - a good source of reliable reviews. With all reviews, remember that all of them include the reviewer's biases.

Another site is www.projectorcentral.com , but take their reviews with a grain of salt. Also, their Top Projector List is by best selling and not by best picture quality.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.