AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi Everyone,

Long time reader first time posting. We have had a projector and screen in our home theater for a little over a decade now and I have fairly consistently had an issue with the alignment of the projector with the screen that has occureed in both of homes we have owned.

When I setup the system I align the projector with the screen and I am usually able to get the image to only overlap the black edges of the screen my two or perhaps one row of pixels, so the aspect ratio of my screen and my projected image are nearly identical.

The issue is when I go to watch somthing in the theater some period of time later I find that the projected image is no longer perfectly aligned with the screen. A quick tweak of the lens shift fixes the problem and all is well, but it does take a few moments to fix it.

The projector is mouned to the celing with a gymbal mount that is bolted to the floor joists through the drywall. The screen is fixed and attached directly to the wall

It seems that the largest amount of tweaking is needed when the temperature changes or perhaps after a large barometric pressure change (storm comes though - does not seem to matter if its rain in the summer or snow in the winter). Cound it be the kids running around upstairs knocking things out of alignment? Like I mentioned above we have owned two homes with theaters and they both have had the same problem...

Does anyone else experience this? Has anyone found a way around this issue?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks for the reply, forgive me for neglecting to include that information.

The projector mount is an ELPM-01 by Level Mount, the projector is a Sony VPL-HS60.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Also I should mention that I do not use the down tube so the projector is only a matter of inches from the ceiling.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

If I had to guess I would think its the mount (I say that quite cautiously because its really hard to tell) because I have put marks on the dials for the lens shift and the marks are always visible so its not like the projector is slowing dipping down...

The mount I have in certainly nothing special. If you are not experiencing this issue then there is something for me to investigate - I thought perhaps this issue was something that people with projectors in their home theaters just dealt with as the house expanded and contracted due to seasonal changes (or whatever might cause such an issue).

If it is the mount, I suppose when I just "have to have" a 1080p capable projector I can upgrade mounts...

Thanks for getting back to me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts