AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo, I'm part of this review program on Amazon where I get free stuff to review every month. God must like me, because this month I am apparently getting hooked up with a BenQ W7000 full HD 3D projector!

The problem is that I currently have a wall mounted TV with in-wall/ceiling speakers and I'm not quite sure how to make the new stuff fit. It makes sense to have everything set up in the same room (there's not a lot of extra space in the house, and my man cave is in the basement with blackout shades/curtains), but I have several questions.

1. Is something like this a decent screen? What do you really get by paying a lot more or a lot less? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Projecta+-+Designer+Contour+92%22+Electric+Projector+Screen+-+White/9438325.p?id=1218117620012&skuId=9438325

2. Since the large screen would cover up my left, right and center speakers up front, what are some ideas of what I should do.

a. Do I try to have two sets of speakers for each type of viewing (and does someone sell a switch to toggle between speakers if so)?

b. Do I buy new speakers, spread them out and just try to use them all the time?

c. Is there a creative way to make my current speakers work without drywall repair?

3. Can anyone suggest a good (proven) HDMI switch/splitter with two outputs? I'd rather not buy a new receiver.

That's all I can think of for now I guess, but it's probably more than enough to get started.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Look into acoustically transparent screens.

Reactions: boulder_bum
1 - 4 of 4 Posts