AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the home theater world.

I am wondering what size of projector screen to get...I currently have a 65 inch TV hung on a 10 ft wall (8 ft ceilings). I want to install a motorized projector that will come down over the TV. I am struggling as to what size of screen to get - I'm thinking 106 inch. The seating area is about 12 feet away. Another issue is how far with the screen come down, I have a component cabinet that is in front of the TV that is approx 28 inches high.. I know the screen will come down about 52 inches on a 106 inch screen, but what about the black on top of the screen, will this make the screen come down to low? Any guidance will be much appreciated.

Another note - I'm looking at the Benq W1070 projector for this room

·
Registered
153 Posts
Get the biggest screen that will fit. Otherwise you're always longing for more! I'm about 12' away in my room and I'm using a 120" CIH screen. I have never thought it was too small.
I've got a 100" screen at a similar distance and I'm looking to upgrade to an AT that will drop down in front of my speakers. Thinking 110"-120" at 10' is better than 100" at 12' (approximate numbers).

The key for me is immersion. I want to fill my field of view with the screen and action. As currently set, the screen still feels a bit set back. It's fun, but I think a little tweak will hit the sweet spot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.