AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1280 Posts

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All.

Thought it would be nice to have a thread for people to post pictures of the images they get from their projectors (any make or model, without fear or prejudice) and so we can all see how much we are enjoying these things.

Please post projector model and make as well.

So, it is not a thread to rubbish peoples picture settings or tell them it looks bad or anything like that but to celebrate how good we have it projection wise at the moment. All while the world in general implodes. ;):D

So to kick things off here is my Sony 760 with some pics from Civil War and Ragnarok on UHD.

Enjoy. :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
There is a few things in my Home Theatre.
23,183 Posts
Hi All.

Thought it would be nice to have a thread for people to post pictures of the images they get from their projectors (without fear or prejudice) and so we can all see how much we are enjoying these things.

So, it is not a thread to rubbish peoples picture settings or tell them it looks bad or anything like that but to celebrate how good we have it projection wise at the moment. All while the world in general implodes. ;):D

So to kick things off here is my 760 with some pics from Civil War and Ragnarok on UHD.

Enjoy. :D
looks good Arch. :)

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks good Arch. :)
Cheers mate.

We are lucky to have such capable devices.

Not sure this time next year I will be in the position to ever replace it, so I am glad I got it when I did! :)

Let's have some of your favourites then! ;):cool:

·
Premium Member
There is a few things in my Home Theatre.
23,183 Posts
Cheers mate.

We are lucky to have such capable devices.

Not sure this time next year I will be in the position to ever replace it, so I am glad I got it when I did! :)

Let's have some of your favourites then! ;):cool:
Will do soon mate. I wouldn't replace it you have a good projector . BTW are you playing around with the vertex ?

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do soon mate. I wouldn't replace it you have a good projector . BTW are you playing around with the vertex ?
Yup, just fiddly diddling around with the LLDV mod. some great results so far.

The images I have just put up are using the same generated EDID as the DV stuff (but the discs aren't DV of course) and the results are still great in 'just' HDR10. It is a great hack until DTM comes to the Sony's.... ;)

Anyway, back to the pics. :D:cool:

Reactions: Franin

·
26,161 Posts
OP

I added "screenshot" to the title of your thread....for future search word purposes.

A common thread title for what your describing is "Screenshot Comparison thread" or some variation. We'd had this type of thread in the past, but nothing for a number of years (that I could find)...so it's good time to start a new one.

Ron

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldn't replace it you have a good projector.
Just to add, I neither need or indeed want to replace it, I was simply meaning financially.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OP

I added "screenshot" to the title of your thread....for future search word purposes.

A common thread title for what your describing is "Screenshot Comparison thread" or some variation. We'd had this type of thread in the past, but nothing for a number of years (that I could find)...so it's good time to start a new one.

Ron
Thanks for that. :D

I was however, trying to avoid the word 'comparison' (even though that will inevitably and unavoidably happen) so no-one feels they can't/shouldn't post up images for fear of having them 'picked apart'.

I hope that makes sense. :) Cheers.

·
26,161 Posts
Thanks for that. :D

I was however, trying to avoid the word 'comparison' (even though that will inevitably and unavoidably happen) so no-one feels they can't/shouldn't post up images for fear of having them 'picked apart'.

I hope that makes sense. :) Cheers.
I didn't see it as a "comparison" thread either, hence that was not added to the title. I was just letting you know why I added the word (for search purposes), so when you see the title change, you'd know why.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I didn't see it as a "comparison" thread either, hence that was not added to the title. I was just letting you know why I added the word (for search purposes), so when you see the title change, you'd know why.
Cheers.

I just hope others start to post up some pics soon. Otherwise it will just be me on my tod, twiddling my thumbs.

I know @Craig Peer like to take a good picture so hopefully he will help me out soon. ;):D

Reactions: rboster

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Where is @Craig Peer, he has lots of really nice screen shots. :)

Nice Screen shots Archibald. Civil War is a favorite of mine, the video quality is great. :)
Lol, I thought the same thing as you. Hopefully he will be along as soon as he gets some time.

Thanks for the comments. Yes I have found the UHD to be more than a minor uptick in every aspect of picture quality of Civil War over the bluray. :cool:

Reactions: Tom Bley

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am amazed at the quality of shots one can get from a camera phone these days. I am also surprised by the sharpness I managed to capture without pausing the image. Cool.

I can only imagine what kind of shots I could take if I could be arsed to dig my DSLR out of the loft, charge it up and try it......

Reactions: Tom Bley

·
Registered
18,117 Posts
Where is @Craig Peer, he has lots of really nice screen shots. :)

Nice Screen shots Archibald. Civil War is a favorite of mine, the video quality is great. :)
I'll tell you where I was - asleep ! This thread was started at 3:51 am my time ! I'll start slow as I haven't finished my 1st cup of coffee yet -

JVC RS4500 4K projector, Panamorph DCR lens, Lumagen Radiance Pro Processor, Stewart 128" diagonal 2.35:1 ST 130 G3 screen. Screenshots taken with a Canon G7X MKII camera

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
That's right, Craig is on Cullyfornia time. Those pics are incredible. :)

I will start looking at the camera you have. looks like it takes great pictures. Do you use a tripod or just handheld?

·
Registered
18,117 Posts
I really like Alita: Battle Angel. Might be time to watch it again.

JVC RS4500 4K projector, Panamorph DCR lens, Lumagen Radiance Pro Processor, Stewart 128" diagonal 2.35:1 ST 130 G3 screen. Screenshots taken with a Canon G7X MKII camera

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I really like Alita: Battle Angel. Might be time to watch it again.

That is more like it! :cool: Nice shots as usual. Your camera has a much better lens than my phone.

I wish there wasn't so much crap in my loft between me and my camera.

Come on peeps it isn't about who's is best (mine ;) ) but about sharing your fav images from your fav films on your own projectors.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Reactions: lizrussspike

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll tell you where I was - asleep ! This thread was started at 3:51 am my time ! I'll start slow as I haven't finished my 1st cup of coffee yet -
LOL, I assumed it was sleep or work. ;)

Reactions: Aztar35
1 - 20 of 1280 Posts