AVS Forum banner

261 - 280 of 1274 Posts

·
Registered
18,113 Posts
Agreed. @Killroy some great shots there my friend! :D

I loved Anna. Visceral and gritty and just a great action flick. Helen Mirren was great as usual.

I am reluctant to watch yet another attempt at a franchise by Mr Oilburner, but it looks intriguing. Never heard of 'Guns Akimbo', but if it is anything like 'Shoot 'Em Up' it will be most entertaining.
Same here. All my guests loved it - some liked it more than Atomic Blonde ( which I also like a lot ).

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Thanks @Killroy, more great shots. Never have seen that one, may have to check it out. Is it similar to the Clive Owen Shoot Em Up flick?
Agreed. @Killroy some great shots there my friend! :D

I loved Anna. Visceral and gritty and just a great action flick. Helen Mirren was great as usual.

I am reluctant to watch yet another attempt at a franchise by Mr Oilburner, but it looks intriguing. Never heard of 'Guns Akimbo', but if it is anything like 'Shoot 'Em Up' it will be most entertaining.
Thanks guys... Yes, Guns Akimbo is very similar to Owen's 'Shoot 'Em up'... kinda silly with over the top violence and total break from reality physics.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Thanks guys... Yes, Guns Akimbo is very similar to Owen's 'Shoot 'Em up'... kinda silly with over the top violence and total break from reality physics.
Nice. Not available on 4K yet then I guess?

·
Registered
1,899 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Don't know if it's just me, but some of the picture you've posted recently don't look as good as some of the older ones. :p They look like pictures from a movie broadcast by a TV station.
LOL, some movies are better quality than others.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
The Jumani ones looked the same. The picture seems to be low resolution and has some grain.
It’s simply the quality of the recording, funnily I loan the brother a few discs to watch and it was Gemini Man he watched first on his OLED and he’s a 4K guy through and through, just got a text saying the following. When this disc is really good the Epson really shines.

Attachments

Reactions: Archibald1

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
A few more of Gemini man.... Absolutely fandabulous picture quality on the screen. Proper demo material! :D:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
^Gemini Man and Lucy are two discs on 1080P that are truly exceptional quality but even 4K isn’t always a guarantee that you’ll get perfection.

Reactions: Archibald1

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
^Gemini Man and Lucy are two discs on 1080P that are truly exceptional quality but even 4K isn’t always a guarantee that you’ll get perfection.
Agreed.
Indeed, there are some discs that are almost no better than a well mastered reference level bluray. The thing that makes the 4k ones still win in most cases of plop masters, is the greater colour depth.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Agreed.
Indeed, there are some discs that are almost no better than a well mastered reference level bluray. The thing that makes the 4k ones still win in most cases of plop masters, is the greater colour depth.
Yeah, the depth of colour and variation in those colours, oh and there’s Atmos too.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #275
Those look great, Arch. Gemini Man was a fun movie.
Thamks. Yeah I liked it too.

It was like kinda like actually being there, which is a whole new way to get immersed in a movie in my opinion! :cool:

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #276
Couple from 'The Meg' (another DV (LLDV) title) whilst I am here....

Come on peeps, lets have some more!

Attachments

Reactions: Luminated67

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
@PioManiac

Some lovely quality pictures there! Thank you for sharing. :D:cool:

261 - 280 of 1274 Posts