Reactions: Archibald1

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #287

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
There is nothing outdated from a 3-chip DLP. They will always throw a great image.
I agree 1000 percent! I recently bought a near-mint three chip DLP and when I A/B'd it with my JVC NX7, I wound up selling my NX7. From the solid black levels to the brilliant colors to the incredible ANSI contrast and detail in the brightest scenes, I'm happy. It's all a matter of taste, I suppose.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
San Andreas 1080p

Definitely not GM picture quality but still a great action flick to pass a couple of hours on lockdown. LOL

Attachments

Reactions: Archibald1

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #290
Skyfall UHD, just about reference material I reckon. :D:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
802 Posts
There is nothing outdated from a 3-chip DLP. They will always throw a great image.
I agree 1000 percent! I recently bought a near-mint three chip DLP and when I A/B'd it with my JVC NX7, I wound up selling my NX7. From the solid black levels to the brilliant colors to the incredible ANSI contrast and detail in the brightest scenes, I'm happy. It's all a matter of taste, I suppose.
Wow Aztar , what 3 chip DLP did u get?

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #292

·
Registered
802 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Hacksaw Ridge UHD

More in the Dropbox

One of the best war movies after Saving Private Ryan and Fury.

For those with an Epson 5050/6050 I found HDR slider set at 6 seemed to work best for me on this movie.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Wow Aztar , what 3 chip DLP did u get?
I was thinking that too....
Ive never seen 3chip dlps but i always read how stunning they were, but to be prefered over an NX7 is very high praise, if i find a good priced one i might consider it

Hi, guys. It's a near mint Runco LS-10 with a Proteus 4. Because I already am receiving PM about interest in three chip DLP, I take the opportunity here to emphasize it's about my personal taste. When I think Lcos, my first question is how sharp; when I think DLP, my first question is how black.

I just felt with this three chip DLP, it struck the perfect balance for me. You can see that S&V reported its contrast with DI and AC on at c. 22,000:1.

I was going to experiment stacking with my other Runco. But now I'd like to try it with MadVR. :)

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Interesting that you went back to a 1080p projector. Sounds a lot like the Sim2 HDR Duo Plus system, basically a super optimized 1080p projector that can do HDR really, really well. I think the argument is that the additional resolution is insignificant compared to really well done HDR for most people's enjoyment.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Interesting that you went back to a 1080p projector. Sounds a lot like the Sim2 HDR Duo Plus system, basically a super optimized 1080p projector that can do HDR really, really well. I think the argument is that the additional resolution is insignificant compared to really well done HDR for most people's enjoyment.
The DLP motion, too, the motion, sharpness, and ANSI contrast are just an excellent combination.

I don't want to derail these beautiful photos, so I'll try to end this discussion by saying distinguished calibrator Jeff Meier, @umr , despite all the displays he's seen, uses a DLP projector, a Sim2 Nero 3D-2. As far as HDR, here's what he had to say on AVS Forum just several days ago:

I have a separate color calibration for 4K HDR and feed 4:4:4 1080p with something close to DCI colorspace to the projector from a Panasonic UHD player. The image quality is exceptional. This setup boosts the resolution to something approaching and surpassing some of the best 4K projectors by having very high DLP ANSI contrast and motion along with excellent blacks from DC4 technology.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #300
Reactions: jorgebetancourt
281 - 300 of 1274 Posts