1,899 Posts

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #306

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Fantastic pics there! Unfortunately for me, Mr Depp just puts me off watching those films.
That’s a shame, I think he plays the role brilliantly

I particularly think the Ian McShane image looks great, he has one of those faces with lots going on.

Reactions: Archibald1

·
Registered
527 Posts
A few pictures. Projector not calibrated yet. Will be getting Gordon to do it the next time he is up this way. I took the pictures with Samsung Galaxy 7 4k HDR x7900

Attachments

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #310
What the heck have you got under the hood of that thing, Arch? Those color gradations look incredible!
6.3 litre V8.... :D

I just took those shots as normal using my phone camera on some paused scenes.

That is what by far the majority of stuff looks like. I think the Deadpool films are very well mastered too though, which helps. :cool:

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #311
A few pictures. Projector not calibrated yet. Will be getting Gordon to do it the next time he is up this way. I took the pictures with Samsung Galaxy 7 4k HDR x7900
Excellent shots! Looks like a calibration will not bring you much improvement if they are anything to go by! :cool:

Is the X7900 the JVC model that everybody says has the best black levels they have ever done?

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #312
That’s a shame, I think he plays the role brilliantly

I particularly think the Ian McShane image looks great, he has one of those faces with lots going on.
Yeah, the Ian McShane pic is a doozy!:)

Reactions: Luminated67

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Excellent shots! Looks like a calibration will not bring you much improvement if they are anything to go by! :cool:

Is the X7900 the JVC model that everybody says has the best black levels they have ever done?
From what I was told the difference on NC between the x7900 and x9900 isn't that much though there's probably other differences to justify the price difference.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
From what I was told the difference on NC between the x7900 and x9900 isn't that much though there's probably other differences to justify the price difference.

I've owned both. Shortly after having the x7900 i upgraded to the x9900. The x7900 had major convergence issues even after two units so the dealer gave me a good deal to upgrade to the x9900. The contrast was night and day in my opinion.

I do miss those blacks from my x9900 but everything else is sooooo much better with my NX9.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #315
I've owned both. Shortly after having the x7900 i upgraded to the x9900. The x7900 had major convergence issues even after two units so the dealer gave me a good deal to upgrade to the x9900. The contrast was night and day in my opinion.

I do miss those blacks from my x9900 but everything else is sooooo much better with my NX9.
So is it the X9900 that holds the crown for Best. Blacks. Evarrrr? :D

·
Registered
28,740 Posts

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #317

·
Registered
1,899 Posts

Nice to know, I suppose it might vary between samples at bit, am I right in thinking the x9900 use pre-selected parts, I suppose one would call these optimised.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #320
Archibald, are you a salesman for Sony? Looking at your images has me itching for an upgrade/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
Lordy no! If you look at my posts I am amongst the most critical of them.
I am a long time owner of many pieces of Sony gear though and try to hold them to account for things that fail us, their customers.
Such as the previous lack of working iris and the current near black bug, on the 760.
I also like to show why they are some of the best projectors out there currently despite their many detractors.
The 760 is hands down the best projector I have ever had though. Stable, bright, colourful, sharp. Better since the last firmware too and hopefully better still soon.
What do you currently have again?

301 - 320 of 1274 Posts