AVS Forum banner

421 - 440 of 1294 Posts

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Some ESB:

Worst thing about Disney titles is when you pause it, you get the stupid big bright chapter marker in the corner which massively changes the exposure of your camera. So I shoot these without pausing but it is hard to get them sharp for that reason.
Looks good.

Is that the 1080P BD?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Never used my projector as much as I have this last two months, after work it’s the only way I can unwind and de-stress. Anyone else the same?

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #423
Some ESB:

Worst thing about Disney titles is when you pause it, you get the stupid big bright chapter marker in the corner which massively changes the exposure of your camera. So I shoot these without pausing but it is hard to get them sharp for that reason.
Looks good.

Is that the 1080P BD?
Thanks.
They are all 4K unless otherwise stated.
They look soooo good on screen.
Getting an image that is not involving some motion is hard.
Why can't Disney do chapter markers that disappear after 20 seconds so I can pause it without a big marker in the bottom left?

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #424
Never used my projector as much as I have this last two months, after work it’️s the only way I can unwind and de-stress. Anyone else the same?
Yeah I am using mine a bit more. I do have discs backing up though as other things just keep getting in the way.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Yeah I am using mine a bit more. I do have discs backing up though as other things just keep getting in the way.
LOL over the last two months I’ve bought 43 discs.

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #426

·
Registered
249 Posts
Prefer the second set of shots in general look. the scales on the dragon look better defined in them too I think.
No argument from me there. I need to keep playing around with the Minolta to get the brightness there. I mean, it's not the best dedicated camera but compared to a cell phone camera it did quite well with the coloring and detail. I notice with the Motorola cell phone camera, it tends to pick up a green hue. And the reds? Forget it! The reds just get blown out much like the above pics in this thread from the end of Rogue 1 Vader fight scene. As as example below:

I didn't post this image in my first post in this thread because the red is blown out and looks nothing like how nice the scene looks in person. I'm looking into inexpensive DSLRs though now but haven't pulled the trigger on any particular one yet. Not just for screen shots but I've always wanted a proper camera again for everyday use without breaking the bank of course.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
I didn't post this image in my first post in this thread because the red is blown out and looks nothing like how nice the scene looks in person. I'm looking into inexpensive DSLRs though now but haven't pulled the trigger on any particular one yet. Not just for screen shots but I've always wanted a proper camera again for everyday use without breaking the bank of course.
In today's tech, any cheap APS-C DSLR will take incredible images. Both Nikon and Canon have APS-C DSLRs in the sub $500 range.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I probably would have ended up with just as much if shipping didn't stop from England. Was able to get the Valerian 2D/3D and the Hobbit extended edition 2D/3D before they put the lock down on shipping.
I’m in the UK and don’t seem to have a problem, the odd brand new one coming from Amazon but most are secondhand from CEX.

Reactions: Archibald1

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
In today's tech, any cheap APS-C DSLR will take incredible images. Both Nikon and Canon have APS-C DSLRs in the sub $500 range.
The brother is into photography and says get one that’s WiFi enabled, easier for transferring to your computer. He’s offered his Cannon for the purpose but after telling me the price of the body and then the lens I declined his offer.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
1917 4K arrived today from Amazon so guess what I’ll be watching tonight. :D

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #435 (Edited)
1917 4K arrived today from Amazon so guess what I’️ll be watching tonight. /forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
Mine should be arriving today as well. It's about time!

Edited to add: Nope it didn't. Hopefully tomorrow. :(

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #436
And the reds? Forget it! The reds just get blown out much like the above pics in this thread from the end of Rogue 1 Vader fight scene. As as example below:

I didn't post this image in my first post in this thread because the red is blown out and looks nothing like how nice the scene looks in person.
The reds on my Rogue One shots weren't blown out as such, they were just very bright against a dark background and that is how the shot came out. They did convey the general look of the scene but the contrast range is not entirely present due to the camera.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
The brother is into photography and says get one that’s WiFi enabled, easier for transferring to your computer. He’s offered his Cannon for the purpose but after telling me the price of the body and then the lens I declined his offer.
Both Canon & Nikon have at least one DSLR and/or Mirrorless camera WITH lens under $500. And I am pretty sure they all WiFi enabled...at least I know the Nikon D3500 does.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Both Canon & Nikon have at least one DSLR and/or Mirrorless camera WITH lens under $500. And I am pretty sure they all WiFi enabled...at least I know the Nikon D3500 does.

It's not a show stopper because you can get wifi enabled SD cards:

https://nerdtechy.com/best-wifi-sd-card

if so desired. I've never bothered.

The ideal setup will have the camera on a tripod with it centred on the screen, with the camera being controlled by a remote, so that you can pause the source device, take the shot, and then resume.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #440
Reactions: Luminated67
421 - 440 of 1294 Posts