AVS Forum banner

1101 - 1120 of 1280 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Which X-Men movie is that from?
Tom was not my picture but i want to find out which one too. fabulous !
If i m not mistaken this is X-Men Apocalypse, watched it couple of days ago, its a reference quality movie to show the colors a display is capable off, just stunning quality

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
If i m not mistaken this is X-Men Apocalypse, watched it couple of days ago, its a reference quality movie to show the colors a display is capable off, just stunning quality
That's what I thought. I just don't remember the scene. I own the UHD movie and it is reference quality. We need more pics from that movie. :)

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
^Some great images right there.

Reactions: covsound1

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Blade - OK quality but definitely not the best

Attachments

·
Registered
416 Posts
Blade - OK quality but definitely not the best

As far as I'm concerned quality is top notch. Never looked better Ican see those cheap contact's they used in his eyes and a rainbow of colors in the skin and you only see what you are supposed to see as intended.
I have all 3 can i do the last one? lol
Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
The Blade movie looks like it has way too much edge enhancement. I don't know if it's a problem with the actual movie copy, or you have that processing turned way up in your projector.

I know some movies are just released with tons of EE in the source which is unfortunate.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
The Blade movie looks like it has way too much edge enhancement. I don't know if it's a problem with the actual movie copy, or you have that processing turned way up in your projector.

I know some movies are just released with tons of EE in the source which is unfortunate.
Image enhancement is actually on Preset 2 and sharpness is also at 2 so definitely not turned up. In fact if you look at the first image it looks completely different to the one of Blade standing in the park, edge enhancement seems to vary from scene to scene.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
As far as I'm concerned quality is top notch. Never looked better Ican see those cheap contact's they used in his eyes and a rainbow of colors in the skin and you only see what you are supposed to see as intended.
I have all 3 can i do the last one? lol
I actually bought the trilogy set and started watching the first one today, will probably watch the second either tomorrow or Saturday.

·
Registered
416 Posts

Nope it was underrated movie for flim quality that is actually how all 3 were made with the first being the best. There were a couple movies of this jondra that were produced like that.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Nope it was underrated movie for flim quality that is actually how all 3 were made with the first being the best. There were a couple movies of this jondra that were produced like that.

There’s no doubt certain part of the movie look sharper than others, unnaturally so in fact yet both close ups are the ones with look fine and the least artificially enhanced.

·
Registered
416 Posts
There’s no doubt certain part of the movie look sharper than others, unnaturally so in fact yet both close ups are the ones with look fine and the least artificially enhanced.
I would say it's not balance all the way throughout would not call it reference but some shots are mind blowing make you think you are using madDVR or something.

·
Registered
416 Posts

I would also like to add that with pixel shifters they have their own distortion that may cause this hardness or this added edge look you may be seeing. To some it may bother them and others may like it.Do you have a pixel shifter or a true 4k?

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,116
Suicide Squad 1080P
Can someone explain why my colours are faded when I use the image upload software on the forum, how are others doing it. I have compared the images I post here to those either where and on Dropbox and they have more intensity and vibrancy. 🤔
For me, I simply copy the jpgs from my phone to my PC and then upload them here. That is it. :)

Reactions: Luminated67

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,117
Just for fun. Sorry for the chinese letters in the pictures, they mean madVR+Low lamp mode. Projector is RS3000 in a batcave, projecting 11 feet wide.

Interesting.

Here is an image from Porky lips on mine.

Forgive the blue push. There was so much blue in the image my phone decided that it should 'help out'. It was more accurate to the eye.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,118
I actually bought the trilogy set and started watching the first one today, will probably watch the second either tomorrow or Saturday.
I've had all three on bluray for years. Time to dig 'em out I say! Always found them most enjoyable. :D

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
For me, I simply copy the jpgs from my phone to my PC and then upload them here. That is it. :)
I don't have a computer at home anymore so would have to wait until at work which wouldn't be practical. Odd that on other forums I don't have this drop off in colour.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Here are a few from Cloverfield Lane. Taken from the bluray and thought it could have been better quality wise. Wonder if the 4k would heighten the mood with the extra detail.

Attachments

1101 - 1120 of 1280 Posts