AVS Forum banner

1541 - 1560 of 1607 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
@Luminated67.... Rogue One is the best Star Wars film since, the original trilogy. ;)
In its day it was ground breaking but don’t shoot me because I actually wasn’t a fan of the originals.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Haha. Be prepared to be surprised! Mamma Mia etc fill me with dread, but his one.....
The music is super catchy and excellently performed and the cinematography is great too.
You were meant to say yes to back me up that’s it’s great so I don’t look weird for liking a musical.:sneaky:
Don't worry @Luminated67, you're not the only one that like this one (The Greatest Showman), I like it too.
Also, just for anyone else that still has not seen it, I remember I took a look at the IMDB charts with the ticket sales and earnings, and we all know that all the movies, have a "boom" in the first week, and then the earnings are lower-and lower till it goes away, few weeks (usually 4-5), but this one... I think was among very few (if not the only one) that actually INCREASED in sales after fist week, and keept earning if I'm not recalling wrongly, for at least 19 weeks. To this day, I blame myself (head banging) a lot that didn't "move my ass" the 60Km away to see it in IMAX, thinking (so wrongly:cry:) at that time "meh, I don't want to go see Wolverine singing".
Now it is the only movie for which I purchased a so called "One Click" from Manta Lab. I for one consider it THE GREATEST MUSICAL MOVIE (and no, I did not forgot Singin' In The Rain or My Fair Lady)!

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
A close second for me would be Les Miserables and funny enough Wolverine is in it too. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Felix_ro

·
Registered
141 Posts
A close second for me would be Les Miserables and funny enough Wolverine is in it too. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, but because of the general bleak tone of the movie and the complete saddens in it, I can only remember the AMAZING performance and SINGING that Anne Hathaway done in Les Miserables (earning an Oscar for it). So, basically I don't even consider this one a movie (let alone as a musical) to be re-watched, dozens of times as I do with Greatest Showman, Singin' In The Rain and My Fair Lady (just that scene with Anne singing I do re-watch, although I barely can till its end). Sorry, that's me!

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Yeah, but because of the general bleak tone of the movie and the complete saddens in it, I can only remember the AMAZING performance and SINGING that Anne Hathaway done in Les Miserables (earning an Oscar for it). So, basically I don't even consider this one a movie (let alone as a musical) to be re-watched, dozens of times as I do with Greatest Showman, Singin' In The Rain and My Fair Lady (just that scene with Anne singing I do re-watch, although I barely can till its end). Sorry, that's me!
Oh you aren't doing it justice, if you have spotify then download the music and listen to the songs without watching. I have been to the musical in the theatre and it brought the wife to tears, musically can both lift your spirits and make you sad.

My personal favourites are I dreamed a dream, On my own, Master of the house, Stars, Bring him home and Empty chairs at empty tables, I honestly thought Eddie Redmayne was stunning singing it. I actually think it was a disgrace that Hugh didn't get an oscar for his role because he was amazing as was Anne.

BTW not my favourite movie musical but in the theatre an absolute masterpiece was Mamma Mia, seen it twice, once in London's Westend and again on a cruise ship and both times were magical.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
This one is just... SUPERB!
I do try to come up with something different and I suppose I must succeed now and then so Thanks mate. 👍

·
Registered
141 Posts
I do try to come up with something different and I suppose I must succeed now and then so Thanks mate. 👍
No offense, but I firstly referred to the scene itself and secondly to your "eye" which captured it, cause without your good catching eye, we would not remembered this shot/scene. So it is a "shared credits" if you will, between you and the cinematographers of this scene.

BTW, you didn't specified if it is a 4K UHD source or a Blu-Ray (1080p, as you usually note them).

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
No offense, but I firstly referred to the scene itself and secondly to your "eye" which captured it, cause without your good catching eye, we would not remembered this shot/scene. So it is a "shared credits" if you will, between you and the cinematographers of this scene.

BTW, you didn't specified if it is a 4K UHD source or a Blu-Ray (1080p, as you usually note them).
Sorry forgot to mention it’s 1080p, in future just take it that they are 1080p unless I say different because the vast majority of my collection is 1080p.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
A bit of fun, from these scenes can you tell the movie. One image per movie.

Please don’t cheat and look up my Dropbox collection.:sneaky:

First prize you get you put me in your ignore list.:LOL:

Reactions: Archibald1

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Ok @Luminated67 I'll bite. In no particular order and guessing.
1. The Mummy
2. John Wick III
3. Full Metal Jacket
4. Anna

Still missing two of them, but I've seen them before.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Ok @Luminated67 I'll bite. In no particular order and guessing.
1. The Mummy
2. John Wick III
3. Full Metal Jacket
4. Anna

Still missing two of them, but I've seen them before.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke
2 correct, good but no cigar. ;)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I got stuck on one....

Anna
Blade (3) Trinity
I, Frankenstein
Kong Skull Island
(I want to say Hero, but not sure)
The Mummy (the horrible new version)

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I got stuck on one....

Anna
Blade (3) Trinity
I, Frankenstein
Kong Skull Island
(I want to say Hero, but not sure)
The Mummy (the horrible new version)
Very good but wrong on one of them. Oh and though not the best Mummy movie it’s also not the worst.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
^Don't think I’ve seen this movie, is it 300 Rise of an Empire?

1541 - 1560 of 1607 Posts