AVS Forum banner

1601 - 1620 of 1736 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Fantasy Island won't win any awards but I got it out of a redbox for $1.50 and it was worth that. I could not figure out why it was rated R though.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Fantasy Island won't win any awards but I got it out of a redbox for $1.50 and it was worth that. I could not figure out why it was rated R though.
R = Rubbish

Reactions: lizrussspike

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,605
Watched the 1998 Godzilla and here are a couple of quick shots from the UHD (non HDR) download from my new Sky Q.
DSC_0305.JPG
DSC_0306.JPG

Very impressed by the PQ of the new TV setup.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
^I prefer that version of Godzilla than the later ones.

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,607
^I prefer that version of Godzilla than the later ones.
I think it is more entertaining. Modern films tend to be all too serious.
One of the best and funniest things I think I have ever seen is in Godzilla 1998.
The cameraman chap on the left in the first picture, almost gets trodden on by Godzilla.
Luckily he is right in between his toes!
His reaction is the best 'holy F*** I should be dead' shock, whilst nailing that realisation shortly after, that he is THE luckiest dude alive!
Brilliant.

Reactions: Luminated67

·
Registered
18,777 Posts
Just stunning @Craig Peer thanks!
The latest Lumagen update made the picture just a bit better. It's hard to believe anything could get better at this point, but in little baby steps, it does.

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,613
Nice pics as always Craig. Thanks! :):cool:

Reactions: Craig Peer

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,615
Pacific Rim 2
Your grey screen appears to have paid dividends. Your pictures show better depth. It seems to complement your Epson perfectly.
If you were to pair it with a JVC I suspect you may end up with crushed blacks.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Your grey screen appears to have paid dividends. Your pictures show better depth. It seems to complement your Epson perfectly.
If you were to pair it with a JVC I suspect you may end up with crushed blacks.
It definitely has improved things, with a good quality modern recording the blacks are better than I could have dreamed but on older poor recordings they can still look grey. Colours is probably the biggest noticeable difference and I imagine this is the drop in black floor that’s the cause of this, richer in a words. I had to make slight adjustments to the settings, 2 clicks up on brightness and 1 click on the Iris but that’s it.

If I did make the switch to a JVC and I did indeed suffer crushed blacks I can ring Ricky and order up a white screen for the frame.... job done.

In fairness it’s a very subtle grey compared to some others and way lighter than an ALR.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
^Never watched those zombie movies. Are they more comedy than horror?

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,619
^Never watched those zombie movies. Are they more comedy than horror?
Very much so. Still gory but not in a jump out of your skin way.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Those pics [email protected]@k AWESOME. Both the Pacific Rim’s are some of my favorites in both audio and visual EYE Kandy. With a truly JaW dropping experience.

Somebody please get ME a bib.

Reactions: Luminated67
1601 - 1620 of 1736 Posts