AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a projector in the $2000 range. Room details are 13' W x 26' L x 8' H, pretty much completely light controlled (it's in a basement with no windows) which will be a dedicated theater room. Hoping for about a 109" screen, and to ceiling mount the projector. Seating distance would be flexible, but would be at least 8ft for the first row, and possibly more if it would help. Looking for 1080P so I don't have to upgrade again for awhile (3+ years). Will be fed with PS3, and Dish Network (1080i output), but unfortunately some content may still be SD, so hoping for something where SD doesn't look terrifle for the rare times I have to watch SD content. I have noticed reading this forum the following 3, Epson HC6100, Mitsubishi HC6500, and Panasonic AE3000, but would be open to other suggestions as well.

·
Registered
216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondoo0 /forum/post/15473168

I have noticed reading this forum the following 3, Epson HC6100, Mitsubishi HC6500, and Panasonic AE3000, but would be open to other suggestions as well.

Of those three, I'd look closely at the AE3000 first. I have a new 6100 and really like it. But from everything I've read, the 3000 is a better projector and would work great in your HT.

-comix

1 - 2 of 2 Posts