AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have we decided on who has the best deal on shipping for these beasts? Money and safety? Looking at a couple to add to my collection but they are too far for pick-up, but the price is right...

Chip S.

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
 www.freightquote.com is the way to go, but make sure you take out extra insirance. Their old webpage screwed me out of about $5K in claims with Watkins and Daylight over the last 18 months due to both carriers claiming that the shipping code allowed me a whopping $0.15 per lb in coverage, regardless what the website had me put in for an actual value.

I now pay an extra $40.00 per shipment to ensure at least proper coverage of sold projectors; I still am cheap and take the risk when I buy surplus units in bulk that are coming to me..

Curt

·
Registered
443 Posts
Curt hooked me up with FreightQuote and my interaction with them went smoothly. I sent a G70 to Atlanta by air and bought the extra insurance for $40. Fortunately, I didn't need the insurance and the projector arrived as advertised. After starting on the web, I set everything up over the phone.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
How do I get in touch w/ land & air?? Via the 'net?

Are they a door to door carrier?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is interesting. I guess you should assume nothing. I gave Yellow Freight a shot at a terminal to terminal shipment from Denver to Boston, insured because they are 20 minutes away. The rate was $154.00. T to T shipping used to be cheap and the fewer hands on the freight the better it's chances at no damage. I'll try Curt's way next time. Curt, do you have to register with them to get a quote?

Thanks

Chip S.

To much empty space in the garage, not enough projectors.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.