AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The maximum throw angle to the screen is said to be 15 degrees.

How absolute is that? I'm sure it would vary some from pj to pj and lens to lens, but on a typical Marquee (or similar with HD10 series lenses) is that really max? If it can be pushed, how much further would you think it could go (in degrees at 136" from the mount pivot point i.e. center of balance to the screen)?

--Bill

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Some lucky people are able to tilt the top or bottom of their screen forward and perform miracles.

Like staying at 15.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I too had the same question/thought. I'm barely at the 1/3 screen height for first row seating. Second row would end up at 1/2 to 2/3rds vertically.

My PJ literature stipulates center of screen/image based on 15.2 degrees +-5% vertically. Thats only +-2" or 0.76 degrees to work with.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's just about how mine is situated right now, and has been for some time. When I measured everything out and calculated the angles I came out at 17.7 degrees. I can still get good geometry, excellent in fact, but because of the overcompensation I'm always in to a slight amount of banding.

It's an electric screen that has a small adjustment range of height, but I calculated I'm going to have to bring it up 7.5" to be right at 15 degrees, which is probably not possible. I might be able to squeeze around 4", so I'm still going to end up with too much of an angle.

That's what brought up the question, how much is too much?

Thanks for the responses!

--Bill

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
bblue,

That banding issue is good to know. I wondered how strict the +-5% would be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.