Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I've just got a Radeon VE and i'm having an interesting problem....With the Monitor connected to the DVI (The monitor has a native DVI input) and the projector connected to the VGA connector. I only get the monitor functioning.

This isn't to do with sync ect, as literaly the card doesn't recognise the projector....when i add a second monitor, the hydravision springs to life and everything is fine.....I can then unplug the second monitor and the projector works !

I guess its some sort of return signal generated by a monitor that is missing....anyone had similar probs ???

BTW i've turned off Plug and Pray in the monitor options (Windows knows there is a second monitor, but won't enable it)

Thanks

Lee

------------------

Lee Edward Armstrong (now in maried form!) http://www.darkwave.org.uk/~lee

My Clothes Will Impress You, And My Claws Will Undress You. - The Damned

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi there,

Reading through some cabling details of VGA->5BNC cables and it looks like a lack of ID pins.....I can get into the cable and tie some of these to ground....any ideas which ones, as i've read a few cable making guides and nothing seems to be authorative.

Ta,

Lee

------------------

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there,

Coo..A thread...all to myself...Oh well.

Anyway, last night i managed to find some details on pin outs and bits, found pins 11&4 need to be grounded for a monitor that can do colour over 1024x768...11 was already grounded, but 4 wasn't...so i soldered 4 & 5 (GND) together and tried again.

No joy.

However i switched to using two monitors, then pluged the projector in and things were good.....using one of the tweak tools (plugs into the advanced display settings) there was an option for ATI Tabs, which included projector !!!

Well i turned this on and in displays it gave the option for [email protected] ran fine. I was a touch woried about rebooting....but all went well and the projector came back up.

Since then i've changed res and bits and the projector has stayed....The reason could be a host of things, from that projector setting, creating a res and once its there it sticks, the pin groundings and having the projector on while booting (though i'd tried that before).

Anyway whatever the reason, i'm up and running, i can switch primary, so send the DVD signal to the projector and switch back so as to use the PC normaly. DTV seems to work, ATI DVD and WinDVD are fine (unreg directshow and sound in ATI is there too).

MILES (err Km's) better than my Geforce2 MX dual head, as the two DAC's are at 300Hz and there isn't the nasty RFI filetering...Both of these screwed up the image royaly on the second output of my Geforce (My ATI Mach64 2meg beat it hands down on picture quality)

Now all i need to do is find the best resolution, and mod things with YXY and set the projector up for it....but things are promising !

Cya,

Lee

------------------

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.