AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
A bit surprising. He prefers the price/performance of the XP21N. The Z9000 only really outperforms the XP21N on HDTV material with a completely darkened environment.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
This doesn't surprise me at all. I have the Boxlight 38T with the Grayhawk. I've seen a bunch of DLPs including the Sharp. Brighter is better! That's why you'll see next generation DLPs with at least double the output of current ones. When that happens, DLP will dominate unless LCD makes another big jump in contrast ratio. LCOS will have to do likewise to keep up with DLP.

IMO, of course.

Dan

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
I love that projector central guy. He really is a great combination of discerning and practical. I haven't seen the Sharp, but I had a DLP projector that was supposed to be one of the brightest. Great detail, but you couldn't appreciated it because it was too often dim and washed out. There is absolutely no comparison.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
There is another thread about this.

-Mr. Wigggles

·
Registered
842 Posts

Originally posted by DanHouck
This doesn't surprise me at all. I have the Boxlight 38T with the Grayhawk. I've seen a bunch of DLPs including the Sharp. Brighter is better! That's why you'll see next generation DLPs with at least double the output of current ones. When that happens, DLP will dominate unless LCD makes another big jump in contrast ratio. LCOS will have to do likewise to keep up with DLP.

IMO, of course.

Dan
[/QUOT

I am with you Dan, brighter is better How can someone compare a 800 lummnes projector to a 2500 lms you can claim a 1100.1 contrast ratio but when comes to black levels, super bright projector delivers a superior picture.

There is no such a thing to bright, but too many no bright enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.