Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's an auction near my work tommorrow and they have these projectors:

LP755

LP750

DreamVision WhiteMagic

Panasonic L797VU

Now, I realize these are presentation type units. But if the price is right, and I think at least on the panasonic it will be (it is mixed in with a bunch of "junk" that they did not inventory the entire room,and you have to buy the entire room of "junk")

What are your thoughts on these units?

Regards,

Mark

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
The Infocus 755 was actually a pretty good HT projector. Usual LCD contrast problems, but I believe there was a pretty positive review at Projector Central.

Yep, found it:
http://www.projectorcentral.com/cons..._infocus_LP755

Steve

------------------
Steve's Stuff

[This message has been edited by Steve Dodds (edited 06-22-2001).]

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Well the Panasonic has a pretty low contrast rating but you have a couple of SVGA and a couple of XGA... All LCD..

I would assume the scalers to be poor and as they all have manual zoom and focus would think that one of the XGA's would be best paired with a HTPC and running a 1024x576 desktop... This will negate zoom issues and get the best scaling possible out of the PJ...

If all other things where equal (and I know nothing more about these PJ's beside specs I have read on Projector central) then my money would be on the 755 unless I needed the 1500 lumens of the Panasonic... To get it though you appear to be sacrificing some contrast (but notice full on/off v ANSI), for me that's important...

All of the above irrelevant guesswork came from the info here...

InFocus LP755
InFocus LP750
DreamVision White Magic
Panasonic L797VU

I am sure some others have real world experience but I thought I would try and help http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------

[email protected]
HTPC without using windows... GUI Front Ends for Home Theater

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I lookd at the specs as well. I was impressed with the brightness of the 797 but that comes with a cost of buying 2 bulbs when they both burn out ($795).

Thanks for your comments.

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.