AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
as far as i know the only option for $2500 or less would be the sony HS-10. i would expect that more of the next generation models due out probably around the end of the summer/early fall will include it. as the industry moves towards accepting it as the standard it should become more prevalent...but it does add to the cost of the unit and it may not be practical to include it on the cheapest models.

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Just a small clarification: there is no DVI 2.0. The DDWG is still using the DVI 1.0 spec, and DVI/HDCP (technically "DVI-HDTV" per the CEA's official IEA/CEA-861 designation) is based on said spec. Don't expect a DVI 2.0 in the CE space, though, as HDMI will take over come this fall, most likely.

That said, I can't believe that the L300U debuted without HDCP support--it was rumored that it would be DVI/HDCP, but they dropped the ball. Ugh. I believe broadwayblue is correct that the HS-10 is probably the only sub $2,500 PJ with DVI/HDCP at this time...the next wave of PJs *should* mostly be DVI/HDCP compliant (that's the way the wind is blowing), but manufacturers do strange things all the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.