AVS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have completed my hidden media storage prototype and wanted to create a seperate thread to show the results.

(The person I am competing with has my theater build thread bookmarked)

I will move this down to my build thread after the judging has taken place.

ProjectX on YouTube

Hope you enjoy!

Jay

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Such gratuitous use of ass cleavage...

Very cool though... any chance of someone coming through that door to the left while the panel is open?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, you can walk through the door, but that door is just to the office or storage.. so not a big deal. I had it open and was walking back and forth, no problem. Sliding to the right would hit my speaker.

Priorities

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Very nice Staffy, the hidden storage not the but crack

Anyhow, do tell the details this seems like something that might be useful in a masking application for my screen

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes sir... a low cost, quiet, fast one.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
All right where are all the step by step build photo's

Vary cool

·
RETIRED theater builder
35,140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staffy /forum/post/14291075

I will move this down to my build thread after the judging has taken place.

Jay

Cool idea. I'd give it an 8, bigger and with some neat sound effect maybe a 9. Add nearly naked women on the bulletin board 10.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Funny you should ask, I was going to hookup an MP3 player to go off when the door oepned.. I could not find the sound clip of "AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" that clip that makes you think the heavens have parted and light shines down.

I think they played it in Harold and Kumar at the end, but I cannot find a clip of it anywhere. So if you know where I might find it, you will get your sound effects... either that or wait until I get it hooked up to Insteon, then it will work too.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Sidestepping all the detail requests, not planning on sharing. Trying to patent?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My wife talked about that, but I have no clue if it is possible. I am sidestepping due to a build competition that ends and is judged tonight.. After that, I will be more informational... trust me

Patent a dumb idea?

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
That's cool, I fully understand.

If you have any connections probably not, but from what I had heard from an attorney that my wife used to work with it can be very expensive. I suppose it could be if you need an attorney for the entire process, if you are able to do the paperwork and filing on your own it could be worth it. Seems like a unique product to me, if you're able to also provide an IR interface you could have something that people would be interested in.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would have to talk to someone who knows how all that junk works, then explain to them what I did and what is planned, then they can tell me if it is worth it or not.

I am dumber than a box of rocks, so I kinda wanted to show off what consumed 3 months of my life

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Big - how about this?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hahah both

38 DVDs per shelf

5 shelves
190 DVDs total

Not sure what that is in CD #s...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Great Job, this site is all about money and imagination on every project in the Home Theater. you add a nice touch with your hidden door to your DVD collection. Thx.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts