AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Can anyone recommend a decent pair of stands for promonitor 800's? I have a sectional couch that loops in a U shape and would like to place stands in the back two corners to hold the speakers. I know there are the promount 600/800's but they are some what expensive and are not adjustable.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
I suggest that you look at the SANUS Steel Foundations.

Stands need to be as massive and solid as possible, and are not real cheap, if you want decent performance from them.

They should also have a hollow center column that can be filled with steel shot or sand for damping and mass.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply!

Something like the SANUS SYSTEMS BF-31B Wood Speaker Stands or Sanus HTB3 Tear Drop Home Theater/Box Speaker Stands?

or is it worth shelling out the money and getting the Promount 600/800's?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Take a look at the Sanus HF1 (can be found on Amazon and other sources). Adjustable with a choice of straight or hover upper pole. Very heavy base so they're sturdy. I just assembled a pair of them this past weekend to hold my PM800 surrounds. These stands work perfect.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your suggestion! Does the HF1 come with straight and hover poles in the same box or are there different models numbers for each? I looked at various sellers and none specified if you get straight or hover.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts