AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife never ceases to surprise me! She asked me to start making a Christmas list, so I forwarded her an Ebay aucton on the new Pronto TSU6000. She bid on it and got it for $600.00. Not bad. I checked out the sellers history and all looks good. We will see when it arrives this week!

I really haven't done any local pricing on the new remote, or even did any real hunting on the net...which is where I tend to get most of my high dollar items. This was more of a spontaneous buy, which I NEVER do with electronic toys!

Please tell me this is a fair bargain price, I would think so since the unit retails for nearly $1000.00

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. i just hope it's not one of those "too good to be true" deals!:(

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally posted by starshipwarrior
not familiar with this unit can you give us some load down on it

ratting amps etc how old the unit is who makes it

sorry but new to this stuff
Might I suggest you surf over to www.remotecentral.com for all your inquiries. They provide a plethora of information on just about every audio/video remote.:)

·
Premium Member
3,831 Posts
Starshipwarrior,

The proto is not a reciever, it's a remote control (yes, for $1k).

Greg

·
Registered
117 Posts
Greg,

I have the HK remote with Microsoft on it. I don't like how slow it is and I have had some problems with programming it. I'm thinking about purchasing the Pronto or Marantz, same thing I think. My question, is this the new color remote control and what have you heard about the speed of processing your commands. Lastly, is it RF?

·
Registered
17,711 Posts
Yes the TSU-6000 is color, Marantz does not have one yet but they will be coming out with the RC-9200 http://www.remotecentral.com/cedia01/marantz.htm

The speed is more dictated by the equipment then the remote (if you mean the time it takes a macro to run). If you mean page changes, scrolls are a bit slow but jumps are fast (that is why I use jumps, plus more control)

The TSU-6000 has and the RC-9200 will have the capability to do RF, but the RF is to a base station that will do IR to your equipment. None, and no Universal remotes can do RF to RF controlled equipment, except for some remotes built to work with RF-X10 and they can only do that.

The Pronto and all in the family are great remotes. (Much better then the HK :) )

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Speaking of the wife and the Pronto, I bought one exactly for the Wife reason, she wants nothing to do with my Home Theater. I programmed it with macros, so all she has to do is hit "Power All", then select either "Watch TV", "Watch DVD", "Watch Sat" or "Watch VCR". 2 buttons total to get going and she still refuses to use it, saying it's too hard.

Just for the wife reason, I still have the VCR connected via RF to the TV so she can insert a tape, tune the TV to channel 3 and off she goes, with glorious built in TV sound. What a waste of equipment. (Let's not even address the HDTV issue).

·
Registered
40 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.