AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any ccf files or discrete codes of the NEC 42mp3 plasma screen??

I need it for the TSU1000 pronto.

thanks!

Deane JJ

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't know if the codes are different on the 42MP3 vs. the 50MP1, but for the 50MP1 there are NO discrete codes (other that what is available on the remote itself -- on/off etc). I have contacted NEC and have voiced my dissatisfaction with this oversite. This is a major problem when programming macros on the Pronto to switch sources on the TV/AV receiver etc. I can email you my CCF if you want to see how I worked around the problem.

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Does anyone know if the NEC's RS-232 port gives discrete access to the inputs? If so, one could perhaps use an HTPC for control.

-Dylan

·
Registered
198 Posts
According to the 50MP1 owners manual, it lists "discrete" type RS232 codes for accessing basically all of the features you can access from the remote and on screen menus + some.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I talked to NEC customer support about the RS232 access. The plasma comes with a CD that has a program that will send codes through RS232 (Serial port) to the plasma. You can set just about anything using the program. You can also set up schedules and timers to do any task. Why they didn't set up specific IR codes for these same actions (discrete codes) I'll never understand. Someone wasn't thinking....

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey...I feel cheated. I didn't get the CD with my 50MP1 ! :(

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm looking for the codes too...doesn't look too promising. It's pretty lame to have a device with this much tecnology init and have to toggle through to select the right video input. If you are just wanting to toggle between HD/DVD and Video then you can hack it on the device you want on the video input to go HD first then go to Video....ugly.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I agree -- a real oversite on the part of NEC engineers for such a high-end product!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.