Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone,

Im been reading up on remotes for a couple of weeks after being disgusted with my AVR8000's remote. Ive pretty much settled on the TSU3000. One of biggest draws of the pronto are the cool graphics that can be customized. I dont see anywhere that there is a Mac version of the software?

I Found this odd since graphics and such are the Mac's niche market. I guess Ill have to hunt down someone that has a PC? Any info would be appriciated.

·
Registered
17,711 Posts
no you need a PC. If you are willing to go with a different (older) Pronto model that uses CCFs or a Marantz remote, then there is a third party editor called Tonto that works on many different OSs look at the FAQ at remote central.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Dale, you have two options:

You can use (VirtualPC or SoftWindows) and ProntoEdit

(sorry, my programming background pops up at odd moments)

or you can use Tonto under OS X.

I currently use an old copy of SoftWindows and ProntoEdit.

You will also need some sort of connection to the remote.

Mine was an add-in (Stealth) serial port and a Kodak camera connection cable.

If you do a search, either here or at Remote Central's forums , I believe that other people have connected via a number of adapters strung together: USBSerialPronto Cable (?)

You can also find out more about Tonto and ProntoEdit on Macs there.

Hope this helped.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Also, I haven't heard of anyone getting PENG to work with VirtualPC yet due to some quirks in the PENG USB settings. You may have to wait for another software update.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.