AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 99 percent sure that I will be purchasing the Pronto TSU3000 when it is released. Because of my desire to use the remote the day it arrives, I would like to start programming for it now. I realize that I wouldn't be able to completely finish it due to IR codes that must be learned, but I would be able to get all of the screens in the proper place and use the emulator to simulate the functionality.

My question is this. Does anyone have the Pronto Edit Release 5 yet? I realize it has yet to be released, but neither has Microsoft Windows Longhorn and I know plenty of people the alpha version of it.

I figure as in tune with the AV community as many of the members are here, someone has to have the full version or at least a beta version for testing.

Please let me know if anyone has it, or knows where I can get it. I would love to get started on programming this remote.

Thanks,

Nick

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Nick, more than likely, you can start the programming now, using Pronto Edit 4 and then convert the file to PE5 when you get it.

If I really wanted to get a head start, that is what I would do.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SVonhof,

I actually thought about doing that, and that may end up being my only alternative.

I was happy to hear that the ccf files could be converted, but my concern is that the 3000 has so many more programable hard buttons. I don't want to complete half of each component setup due to the fact that I am going to control many of the features with the hard buttons.

I guess I am just anxious to start using the new stuff, and I don't want to put in a bunch of work on the old system, convert it and then find out there is a better way to program something using the new device.

I appreciate your suggestion and I may do that if I can't get ahold of the software in the near future. But for now I'm holding out hope that someone has it.

Anybody else know where I can get it??

Nick

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So am I the only one interested in getting this software? Someone on this site has to know how to get ahold of it.

Anyone?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I tried remotecentral. I haven't gotten much response there either. I figured since this site gets more traffic, someone might see this post and have some info.

·
Registered
17,711 Posts
There is no software yet. We all want it, we all want the 3000. But what can we do? Relax and I am sure as soon as it can be made available it will. And then you will probably see a lot of posts on it all over the place. But what is there to discuss on something that does not exist yet (at least for us)

·
Registered
657 Posts
I wouldn't start programming using Pronto Edit 4 yet because you'll probably end up re doing a lot of the work. With the TSU3000 you've got all of those extra hard buttons plus the entire screen is supposedly editable. I'd just wait for the proper software to hit the web. You could start working on your graphics if you wanted to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.