Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Can someone please tell where to get discrete ir codes. I have a pronto 2000, for some reason, when i press the reprogrammed keys on the remote according to girder the remote outputs different codes each time. Any ideas?

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
I'm not sure that I understand your question. What IR codes did you program your buttons with in your pronto ccf? In my setup, I programmed all of my hipix buttons with RC5 codes, and then taught those to my girder file.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
It shouldn't be possible for your pronto to be sending different IR codes from the same button, unless your IR codes maybe are so "dirty" that they are confusing your IR receiver that you have connected to girder. Are you using IR codes from the pronto database, or did you teach your pronto the IR codes from another remote? If it's the latter I'd suggest trying to reteach the codes to your pronto, or try using the RC5 codes or RC6 codes from prontoedit.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have a Marantz RC2000 that uses the RC5 remote language.

I am just getting into girder and was trying to teach girder the default ir codes for DVD (I assume some marantz DVD player) on my remote and I was getting the same thing that jason does.

Certain buttons output 2 different codes which repeat with successive button presses.

I use TT for DVD but as I don't use a pronto I was trying to teach girder my remotes code and kept having erratic behavior from TT until I noticed the dual codes on some buttons.

All this comes down to the fact that 2 codes is possible.

One obvious reason for this would be a power button, one code for "on" and one for "off".

There were others but don't remember what they were at the moment.

The only work around I can think of, for me atleast, is to use an old remote I never use anymore and teach the RC2000 and girder descrete codes for what I want it to do then try to figure out the "states" thing in girder for those that need it.

I know this doesn't help much, mostly just FYI.

btw, if anybody can explain girders "states" I would appreciate it.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
You use this dual code to your advantage. If you want the alternating 'effect' , use the first code to do one thing (say turn 'on') and the second code for the opposite (say to turn it 'off). Now if you only want one action then simply teach it both events (IR codes), so no matter which of the 2 codes are sent, you still get the same desired action... get it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.