AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been able to get the pronto to turn on the projector with a single key press? I am using the dilard ccf file. I can turn it on if I keep the button pressed, but it won't work in macros. It seems to need a longer signal.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
rraybin-

i've been using the Pronto ccf file for several months on my G11 without any problem. single kwy press works fine. Do any of the other commands exhibit this behavior?

ken

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Hi rraybin,

What does it say in the Dilard title bar? Does it say "Registered to ..."?

I use a modified version of Ken's ccf with my G11, and it works great.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
OH!

That explains it. The Dilard ccf file is for using a Pronto to control Dilard, which controls the projector. It's not direct Pronto-->Projector control.

I'm not sure if there is a discrete Gxx .CCF file, but if there is, I am sure that Remote Central has it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My mistake, the file I am using is from remote central not dilard. My original problem remains; holding the button will turn the projector on and off but momentary key presses will not. No other devices display this behavior.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi rraybin,

I have a G-11u and the pronto tsu2000. I have experienced the same problem. I have searched several forums and was told that it is not possible with the pronto. I spent days trying to configure a macro for this with no sucess.

·
Registered
457 Posts
rraybin,

This is known issue with Pronto and buttons that have to be "held" to work. The "normal" trick would be to split the "one-time" code from the "repeating" code, and create a macro that sends the "one-time" once, followed by a series of the "repeat" part. But I could never get it to work either.

As it turns out, I have found that it actually works better for me to simply leave an alias to the "normal" power button right on the screen, and the user simply has to hold it for a couple of seconds. I found this safer, since the power is only a toggle, and the user can decide whether they need to push it or not. I don't know how long you really have to "hold" the button, since there is usually several seconds delay before the lamp actually starts.

Incidentally, I have created a macro that changes the aspect ratio. Of course, it's just a series of Menu, arrow down, arrow down,... etc. You'll need a 1.0 sec delay each time a new "menu" displays, and 0.2 sec delay between "arrow" keys. I have not found any discrete codes for this projector anywhere. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif

------------------

DVI/HDCP makes your HDTV not ready

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
For those choosing to go the IR route without a HTPC intervening, read here

Follow Dave Leddon's suggestions here from the post referenced above:

"Dave Leddon wrote" I have a simple method which works for me. I created a macro which contains the learned code for the DILA Operate command. I've include the hex code if you would prefer to cut and paste:

0000 006c 0000 0011 0014 003d 0014 003c 0014 0014 0014 0014 0014 003c 0014 003c 0014 003c 0014 0014 0014 003c 0014 003c 0014 003c 0014 0014 0014 003c 0014 0014 0014 0014 0014 0014 0014 02ea

I use the Left and Right buttons on the properties panel assigned to the DILA device to turn the projector on and off. I call the operate macro three times for OFF and four times for ON.

This forum is a great resource.

------------------

STOP HDCP on DVI

Don O

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
rraybin-

Although this suggestion may not be right for your total system plans, It might be worth considering an HTPC connection and direct control. You've invested in Dilard already, which has some incredible macro, automation, and real time control of the projector. These can be integrated with Pronto real time control of other system components, producing one of the easiest system operation scenarios on the planet!

Mark provides class A support for your Dilard implementation and many of the projector controls can only be accomplished via serial commands (no IR commands available). Just a thought..

ken

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.