AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Pronto NG for my theater. Since my equipment is in a locked closet, I planned on using the RF receiver to control all my equipment. Unfortunately, my first few attempts have not met with too much success. Some of the issues I ran into are:

- Controlling my Motorola cable box from Comcast doesn't work too well. Trying to enter a channel is frustrating. Rarely is it successful unless I'm right next to the system.

- Lockups. This is driving me nuts. I had to reset the Pronto at least 10 times in a two hour period. Basically, it's not useable.

- While programming, ProntoEdit decides that the Pronto is no longer connected. This happens on two different machines.

Is this normal for Prontos? I've been in the software biz for a long time, so I'm used to some products being a little buggy, but this should be a mature product by now. So far, I'm far from impressed.

Yesterday, I upgraded my firmware again, but I haven't been able to try it yet because the editor stopped talking again, and I decided enough is enough.

What's going on? At this point, I'm ready to send it back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.