AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have something that is really strange happening with my Pronto TSU3000.

My screen has locked up. The hard buttons all seem to work, but when ever I touch the screen, it acts like it is frozen.

There is one exception I should add. If I push the touch screen at the top where it indentifies the source the screen represents, the screen shuffles in order through the devices. (I believe this button is called the device overview button) Again, none of the buttons on the screen function when I touch the screen except the button at the top of the touch screen.

I know very little about this remote. I have a friend help me with it when it when I add a new device, but I am trying to do more for my self.

Sometimes I threaten to get something a little more user friendly, but normally it works with out issue.

I have thought about just hitting the reset button, but I suspect I have simply just somehow put it in some sort of mode that a couple touches on the screen would take care of.

Has anyone ever experienced this with the pronto remote?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Craig

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I have not experienced the problem you are having, but I would suggest pressing reset and then downloading your program back into the Pronto(this is assuming that you configured your program on your computer). If you did not use ProntoEdit, then I would contact Philips directly to obtain a solution.

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apallo,

I have an update to this issue.

My Pronto is again working!!

It has been working fine for about 4 days now.

I still do not believe I am totally out of the woods yet.

When the issues started, (a week ago last Friday) I could not get the remote to straighten out, but after I left it on the cradle, the remote went back to working as it should.

Then, the next time I used it, about midway through the movie, I went to hit the pause to take a quick break and the problem quickly resurfaced. When the issue happened again, I tried reseting the Pronto. I then tried unplugging the battery for about one minute, give or take a few seconds and this did not resolve the issue.

My friend told me to download the file from my computer to the remote. This did not help.

Fed up, I put the remote back on the cradle for the night. The next day, I went back down stairs to watch a movie and it worked again.

So I'll ask the question, does anyone know, is there a mode that I could have inadvertently put the remote in that would cause it to scroll thru the screens when touching the top of the remote and not allow the use of the screens?

The possibility that I could have somhow put the remote in some sort of mode is the only thing I can think of.

Well, if this truly is the end of my issues, I’ll be happy, but I suspect I have not seen the last of my problems.

Craig

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Well, you could have some hidden pages/devices in your pcf that you are accidentally accessing with bad links somewhere in your program. These hidden pages/devices may not have any commands assigned to the buttons on the screen. You could still scroll through pages or devices even if none of the buttons on those screens executed any commands. This is the only thing that I could think of that may be causing your problem. In reality though, it sounds like your remote may be malfunctioning. I would try resetting the remote and NOT reloading the program back onto it. Just try navigating around on it without using your program. If it works without a hitch, then I would say that there are some bugs in your pcf. If it does not work properly, then there is definitely a problem with the remote itself. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ApolloCreed.

Currently the remote is still working as I said it was in my last post.

As long as it is working, I am going to leave it alone. Sort of, if it isn't broke, don't fix it.

We'll see over time I guess.

I am now thinking I must have somehow put the remote into some kind of mode that caused it to shuffle through the screens and not be able to use the commands.

Strange...

Craig

·
Registered
403 Posts
The 3000 has a well documented issue with screen freeze. I stopped using mine after a while. There is a temporary work around that involves removing the screen and cleaning. This worked for a couple of months for me then poof. It works about 1/2 the time. Too bad, really cool remote.

Check out remote central dot com for additional information.

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by iresq /forum/post/14387120

The 3000 has a well documented issue with screen freeze. I stopped using mine after a while. There is a temporary work around that involves removing the screen and cleaning. This worked for a couple of months for me then poof. It works about 1/2 the time. Too bad, really cool remote.

Check out remote central dot com for additional information.

Thanks Iresq.

Yes I posted at RC as well. I am aware of the issue you are mentioning.

The only thing is with my remote, my touch screen would actually have some limited function. Again, when I touched the top of the screen, (device overview button) the remote would shuffle from screen to screen. If you tried activating any of the buttons on the screen, they were frozen.

The issue you mention, from what I read on RC, the touch screen just completely froze up.

Mine did have some function.

Anyway, it is working now.

Hopefully it won't break when I am having a party or something.

Craig

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, my Pronto is acting up again with the exact same symptoms as I noted in the OP of this thread.

Usually, the problem would go away after a few days, but this time the remote has been frozen for well over two weeks now.

I think it is time for a new remote.

Today, I just tried downloading my file from the computer. I also tried pushing the reset button.

It may be time for a proper burial.

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, my Pronto is still in its touch screen coma.

However, the hard buttons on the tsu3000 remain responsive.

I have seen posts where some on this site have actually performed surgery on their touch screens by cleaning areas on the inside of their touch screen.

Does anyone know where I can find this info? Perhaps some screen shots?

I am at the point where if I screw up the remote during surgery' I won't lose any sleep over any mistakes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts