AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I decided against it when I heard you can't upload to the computer and if you down load to it, it looses all programmed IR codes! I'd like to have a touch screen remote with the hard buttons it has, but it must have full connectivity to my PC and I also don't like it's limits on the screen layout.

·
Registered
17,711 Posts
westly197: old news, that was one of the first things Philips changed (NEO EDIT 1.3 back in December or January). The original plan was to have it as a differentiating factor between the Neo and the Pronto (cannot think of any other reason for it to be one sided) but a bit of complaining :) made Philips change their mind.

Here is a link to Philips site http://www.pronto.philips.com/neo_vs.pronto.htm

personally I prefer the Pronto (but to be honest I never tried the Neo) I like the bigger screen, after years of using my Pronto, I find out that I am one of those guys that prefers a touchscreen to push buttons Really I think it depends what you are looking for in the remote more then anything else

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I've had a love hate relationship with my Neo for a few months now. Currently I love it. It has full connectivity with you PC and great hard buttons. The problem is that it doesn't learn as well as a Pronto and the data base of codes is skimpy at best. On the bright side there are hacker utilities that will let you copy and paste codes from the Pronto library to your Neo. And of late the compatability problems have been resolved with X-10 and the Lutron Spacer light dimmer. Personnally, if you willing to do a little extra work, the Neo is great. By extra work I mean using the NeoHacker utility in addition to NeoEdit to program your unit. The NeoHacker version 7 utility also includes the Pronto2NeoConverter utility.

Jon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.