AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been able to get their Pronto to operate as a mouse for their HTPC without using a Philips IR reciever unit? If not, does anyone know where a Philips IR reciever unit can still be purchased?

TIA!:)

Ed

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Well you can try using Girder and mouse emulation plug ins... I used to do this and made a little 8 way button pad with 2 layers of buttons, outside 8 way was 15 pixel jumps inside 8 way was 2 pixel jumps... It worked but not for anything more than casual use...

I managed a powerbuy on these Rx's a year or so ago and the pronto as a touchpad is pretty neat... Possibly someone here doesn't use the one they got then and you may pick it up but I know I would not let go of mine :D !! Even with this its not perfect but with Girder handling most things via RC5 anyway, it was only for the odd unexpected dialog box or 'OK' input that I need the mouse...

·
Registered
463 Posts
I had bought it from Phatlast year, but I shall confess (shame!) that I never used it yet - now I want to however.... but how do you actually enter the mousepad mode with the Pronto?...

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
When desiging the CCF and working in prontoedit... You can set any button (hard or soft) to jump to mouse mode... To exit you press the backlight button and while in mouse mode the two hard buttons at the bottom of the screen are your left and right mouse buttons...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.