AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the newest ProntoEDIT Version 4.0 downloaded into my IBM ThinkPad Laptop PC running with Windows Professional. Everytime I launch the ProntoEdit 4.0...go into TOOLS...then into UPDATE FIRMWARE...Then click the TSU-6000 unit..then click START...I get a "THERE ARE NO COM-PORTS ON YOUR MACHINE!"

I have printed off all the 4.0 manuals and information sheets, as well as printed some archived info from REMOTE CENTRAL dealing with the com-port issues.

I have modified COM2 to COM3..no good. COM4 is used for ThinkPad IR Communication...so that one is out.

I am not very savvy with the puter, so any help is good help. I have spent literally hours with this thing...and I know it is not uncommon for this issue. But I have not read anyone getting the EXACT error message as I mentioned above!

Please help!:confused:

·
Super Moderator
21,387 Posts
not sure if this will help but:

go into My computer/view system information/System Properties/Hardware/Device Manager/Ports(COM&LPT)/click on com port 1 and see if communications port com 1 is enabled and working properly: this should correspond to the RS232 serial port on the Thinkpad

if it is not working properly, you may have to troubleshoot/reload drivers, etc

Hope this helps

Mark

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it going! Thanks to you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.