AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The install is actually already done but I keep going back and forth on if it's too high. The top of the TV is at 5' 3" from the ground.

The first set of pictures are the actual pictures of the install. I then modified them in Photoshop to where I think I would like it better.

Thoughts?

Installed

Photoshopped

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
You should install the tv so when you are sitting in front of it, you are looking at the middle of the screen. This gives you the best angle on the screen for pic quality and no neck strain.

On a stand, designed for a 55" tv, the bottom of our tv is about 26" off the ground. Depending on your tv's size, adjust accordingly, but keep the center of the screen pretty much straight in front of you. With the stand you show in your picture, you might be better off just sitting it on the stand, as it will be closer to you, look bigger and probably sit at the right height.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by obeck /forum/post/18227288

You are talking about 4" height difference. Given the size of your room and the seating locations, 4" will make virtually no difference whatsoever.

Great guess...it is exactly 4" down that I am considering moving it down. Just not just if it's worth the hassle to uninstall the mount and move it down.

Ill give it a couple days and see how I feel about it, it's only been installed since yesterday afternoon.

I think the biggest thing is I'm used to watching the old TV which was lower by about 4-5 inches because the TV in the bedroom is on a dresser and the same height as this one and I have no problems with that one.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To follow up...I ended up moving the TV lower by 4". It just bugged me too much. Now it feels just right. In the process I also ran another cable for the Audio Out so I sort of had to take the TV down anyway, wasn't that big of a deal to take the mount down and remount it.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Sony? I don't know if that is the exact model number but it's sitting on the floor in another room waiting for me to put it up on Craigslist.

·
Banned
1,244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy /forum/post/18231733

The Sony? I don't know if that is the exact model number but it's sitting on the floor in another room waiting for me to put it up on Craigslist.

There's a Sony warranty on that television. You should look it up, to see if the problems did persist on that set, and you could be looking at a new Sony tv!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dude, it looks awesome. Don't even change it. Or I will be mad at you

One question though...May I have an apple please?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk.secret23 /forum/post/18233665

There's a Sony warranty on that television. You should look it up, to see if the problems did persist on that set, and you could be looking at a new Sony tv!

It's a 50WE655...does the warranty apply to that too?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perplex /forum/post/18233828

Dude, it looks awesome. Don't even change it. Or I will be mad at you

One question though...May I have an apple please?

I already changed it, as I posted a few posts above...it now looks like this:

As for the apples, they are fake.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Proper height depends on the room situation. If the room is enclosed, place the height at or near the center of the viewer's eyes. If the room is open and others will be viewing the television behind those seated in front of it, place the television so that the bottom of the TV is level with those seated in front of it. That way people standing behind the seating are will not see the heads of those seated in front of the TV. The elevation of the TV will not be high enough to cause "neck strain". That is how I have mine set up and everyone is OK.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
we have our 50" plasma mounted above our fireplace and sit 10 feet away from it.

I thought it may have been to high and would cause neck strain but now that its been that way for a few weeks its fine. no neck strain and you really don't even have to aim your head upwards to view the TV.

LCD will be a little bit different than plasma unless your mount tilts down to adjust for it because you want to view any LCD directly on centered as much as possible esp with vertical angles, picture quality gets degraded much faster with vertical angles on an LCD vs horizontal angles

all that being said its not high enough up to look like it would matter and it should look perfectly fine where its at currently

1 - 14 of 14 Posts