AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a room that's 31' x 16' and plan to use two subs. Any thoughts on proper placement? The room will slope up toward the rear, and have two rows of couches at about 15' and 20' respectively.

I know the answer can be very room dependent (even with the above specs), but I'm just looking for some general thoughts/guidance.

Thanks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Try the following:

Get'em powered up and open the cross-over (lfe output right?). Put the subs at about half volume. Get bassey material and put it about your reference level...key, cause if you set'em up at a lower level...promise they will distort with your buddies in the room while you are showing them off!

One in each corner. Start with only one on. Start it in the corner, as far in as possible. Turn it on, and sit in your "sweet spot". Then move it equal distance from the back and side walls until you have no more "boom."

Then add the second and repeat the process. If you cannot get rid of "boom", try the phasing.

Next try to stack the subs in one corner...similar movements.

Good luck, I have three...oh the joy!

·
Registered
605 Posts
For max SPL and minimum chance for cancellation they should be positioned in the same corner. I would try all corners and see what corner will give you the best response at your listening position.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.