AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so the HSU Ventriloquist set is out of the ranking and ED is definitely going to get my money, but the question still remains.

Will my 1st ED speaker pack option be insufficient for the Knight?

Option #1

Front - A6-5T5 Pair

Center - A6-5T5

Surrounds - A3-5TC Bookshelf Pair

Rear - A3-5TC Bookshelf Pair

My concern is that there will be a huge gap in "fullness" of freq. response above 60hz that will make the Epik Knight sound out of place with the small EDs.

My TV stand doesn't have a large enough center channel opening for the A6-6T6, so that's why I've went with it's baby brother.

The other option is to go with this...

Option #2

Front - A6-6T6 Tower Pair

Center - A6-5T5

Surrounds - A3-5TC Pair

My concern with the 2nd option is that the center is going to be way overpowered by the towers and sound out of place, although the towers should be able to fill in the midrange fullness I think I would loose with option 1.

Please advise. This final choice that will complete my system has been driving me nuts for days now.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump for some good advice. If I have no worries with either option that's cool, but I would just like to hear a definitive and detailed answer from more experienced members than myself.

BTW - This is my 1st "real" HT setup. I'll be forever indebted to the kind soul who assists in this exciting purchase!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts