AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... Fairly illiterate when it comes to what cables I need where and/or what the proper way to do things are.. But, I don't have cable or satellite, just OTA. Is the proper way to get a TV signal to my projector via a newer receiver with coax in and video out? Or do I buy a Pass-through box that takes the coax and turns that into HDMI or component?

I currently have an HD converter/tuner in my attic attached to my antenna. The projector is 3 stories down...
I currently only run a PS3 via hdmi to the projector now for video and fiber from my PS3 to my receiver for sound.

I am thinking the receiver may be the only way to do it. How else am I going to get sound through my stereo if I just run it to my projector?

Excuse my ignorance...

·
Registered
194 Posts
You will need some type of TV tuner. There are dedicated boxes you can purchase or if you have a PC you could buy a tuner card. Or you could swap your PS3 for an Xbox one. They just announced US residence will now beable to use OTA connections with the Xbox one which will integrate with the xbox one channel guide. You will also beable to use the xbox smart glass to stream to other tablets and computers. I would go the xbox one route.

http://news.xbox.com/2015/04/xbox-one-over-the-air-tuner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts