AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've come to really like (at least the option of) using the "superzoom" mode on my Philips 34PW9846. It stretches the 4:3 image to fit a 16:9 aspect ratio by both 1) stretching the image at the sides much more than the center and 2) clipping a bit off the top and bottom of the image.

Is there anything on a PC that works at all like this? Anything in dscaler? or any of the PVR or DVD apps? Maybe a DirectShow filter? Along with a line doubler, this makes 4:3 NTSC very watchable.

matt

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Your description is a bit odd, from what I can understand of it, the TV is distorting the image so that it can crop less off the top/bottom? To me it would seem very odd as objects would appear to smear.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
wormzer: Check DScaler under the filter Linear Correction and then Non-Linear Stretch. Even though a lot of thought has gone into this, the feature is considered experimental and incomplete (last I knew).

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
TheaterTek DVD player has custom aspect ratio control, which I use to proportionally zoom in on 4x3 DVDs to fill my 16x9 HDTV screen.

You can find the TT player here .

·
Registered
9,884 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Karnis:

There's a reason I didn't mention ZP here, he's asking for a non-linear image scaler, something neither ZP nor TheatherTek can do since they don't modify the image.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.