AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Anthem MRX720 | Golden Ear Triton Five
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a house with the living room pre-wired for surround in the ceiling. This is obviously not optimal but this isn't the main viewing room, just used for music, TV, and light movie watching. There is a bonus room upstairs where I will setup the main system.

The living room has all 5 speakers wired in the ceiling. I will leverage the 4 surround pre-wires in the ceiling and then either install an in-wall R-2502-W or stand alone center at ear level.

So my question is, since this is for basic music and TV watching which speakers would you all recommend?

The receiver is an RXV-675 with a vt60 60", so I want to have decent sound for the TV. Here is what I am thinking please advise:

Back L/R- 2x Klipsch R-2650-C or 2x R-1650-C (the 1650 seems small at 35w, but is this that important since they are surrounds? I am afraid they would sound too small with the CDT-2650-C II in front. The 2650's seem perfect, but are these overkill for just surrounds? and only about 50$ price difference a piece)

Front L/R - 2x CDT-2650-C II

Center - R-2502-W II or RC-52 II (over kill?) or synergy c2 which I already have but may sell.

Please let me know what you think about this setup, and once again its not my main setup just for down stairs music/TV etc...

Trying to keep the speakers under 1k. Will get a sub eventually. Just want to make sure I have a good sonic match on the surrounds.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anyone have an opinion on Klipsch R-2650-C-II?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, guess no one knows about those klipsch.

Any suggestions for rear surrounds? Budget about 400$ for the pair

1 - 3 of 3 Posts