AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hope i'm posting this in the correct place. if not please move mods.

i've been happy w/ DirectTV for the last 10 years. last 3-4 w/ HD and TIVO DVR. but lately i'm thinking a move is in order. they dropped G4, which isn't really a deal breaker since it went downhill, but i liked to pop in every week or so. but the real killer is apparently DTV has no plans to get AMC in HD. all my fave shows are on AMC! trying to decide if i should ditch Direct over this 1 , albiet big, issue.

i've also checked Comcast and Cincinnati Bell Fioptics and they don't service my area (Cincinnati lol). Fioptics would be great since the wife works for Bell but they're targeting multi-family complexes and will be for awhile. so looks like if i want AMC HD i gotta get DISH but i've not always heard the best about them. so anyone have any advice? or what's your experience w/ them? what packages and DVRs (1 HDTV & 1 SD. separate rooms and would like sep watching and recording) are best through them? any help appreciated! thanks

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
the last thing any forum needs is another D* vs. E* thread, however, given today's options, there is truly more than one way to watch the TV you want to.

You could keep your DirecTV service, and watch your favorite AMC shows via something like iTunes, which offers them in 720p HD. You can connect your computer to your TV, or get a $99 AppleTV for easier connectivity to iTunes.

Yes, you'll be paying for something (in HD) that you already get (in SD), however you could think of it like a movie rental.

This is just an idea.

·
Super Moderator
18,835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphish /forum/post/19509209

the last thing any forum needs is another D* vs. E* thread...

Agreed. Please search for existing threads before starting a new one. And you'll probably find all of those in the Programming section.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.