AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local dealer has one nib with stand, listed at 1400 but open to offers. I realize it's probably 2 (3?) generations old (supplanted by the 910, then the 960?)... the little reading I've done, at the time, it was highly regarded.

Worth to look into? And what would you offer? Can owners please advise its shortcomings? Problems? Praises?

TIA

(New to the game .. trying to do as much reading as I can!)

·
Premium Member
18,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrosr6
Local dealer has one nib with stand, listed at 1400 but open to offers. I realize it's probably 2 (3?) generations old (supplanted by the 910, then the 960?)... the little reading I've done, at the time, it was highly regarded.

Worth to look into? And what would you offer? Can owners please advise its shortcomings? Problems? Praises?

TIA

(New to the game .. trying to do as much reading as I can!)

$1400 sounds like a lot for a 3-year-old (?) TV. It was a good TV for it's time, probably a little better than the 34HS510 and 34HS420 but not quite as good of a tube as the 34XS955 or 34XBR960 comes with. Hard to set a price for an older model but i wouldn't pay as much as a new 34HS420. Would the factory warranty still be good on such an old TV?

Here's a link to the owners manual:

KD34KBR2 Owners Manual

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link, Randy. No, I've not made any offers yet nor inquired any more (yes, I am curious about the warranty). Wanted to get some research/feedback/opinions first.

THAT was kinda what I was looking for - your comment of 'prob a little better than' (model) but not quite as good as (model).'

I suppose I DO need to make an offer - that way I can weigh what my other options are (I don't mind buying used...)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.