AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a proscan HDTV STB...Just added an UltimateTV...Seems both use the same IR remote controls and codes? Anyone know a way to assign a remote control number or how to keep the 2 units from interfering with each other?

------------------

kenmullins

newnan, ga usa

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Called RCA...After many minutes of going thru an automated system, I was given another number to call...GEEZ!!!!!!

Anyway, finally got a live person on the phone, and they are aware of the issue and plan to do nothing about it...

Back to the store to return the UltimateTV!

------------------

kenmullins

newnan, ga usa

·
Registered
973 Posts
Did you talk to Ultimatetv. I know your STB can only do the one IR code but maybe the Ultimate tv can do some others.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I have heard that the Sony version of UTV does not have this problem. Other than the remote control and the color, I think the RCA and Sony are identical. Also, a keyboard comes standard with the Sony and is an option on the RCA.

Jay

[This message has been edited by jerndl (edited 07-08-2001).]

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep...RCA makes both units...UltimateTV has no way to change the remote to not use the same codes as the ProScan...SUCKS!!!...Back to the store it goes...Can't live without my HDTV...I can live without the UltimateTV though...

------------------

kenmullins

newnan, ga usa

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by jerndl:
Sony version of UTV does not have this problem
I haven't seen any place to buy the Sony UTV...DirecTV doesn't even sell them.

------------------

kenmullins

newnan, ga usa

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.