AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've played around with this a bit and have been able to play regular video, but is it possible at all to play any drm'd iTunes downloaded video content across the same pipe to the tv? Is it only special software that can do this, or does it essentially come down to having to connect appleTv or pc/mac with iTunes directly in order to play this kind of content?

·
Registered
485 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hanky /forum/post/16956177

I've played around with this a bit and have been able to play regular video, but is it possible at all to play any drm'd iTunes downloaded video content across the same pipe to the tv? Is it only special software that can do this, or does it essentially come down to having to connect appleTv or pc/mac with iTunes directly in order to play this kind of content?

Nope.. not possible at all.. Welcome to the world of Apple and why I personally finally completely stopped using anything from Apple. I'm sick and tired of them.

Go Amazon route, though it's not as content diverse as Apple at least you'll be able to stream it to PS3, Xbox 360 or any other device pretty much.

If you do decide to drop $teve Jobs' dictatorship and go more open with Amazon, makes sure you try Californication in HD. Great show and you can see how much easier and simply a joy to work with. PlayOn even has Amazon VOD support.

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like Amazon is really making some strides into the tv programming market! The key to getting traction on this really seems to lay with competing with conventional sources of tv programming (cable and sat) rather than conventional sources of movie playback.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts