AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using a Harmony One (touchscreen) remote. I'm setting it up now so that I have activities like "HTPC on PDP", "HTPC on Projector", etc. All of the "...on Projector" activities make me nervous though, since it's very easy to fat-finger the touchscreen and accidentally hit one of those buttons.

Since turning on is one of the most draining events for bulb life, I'd like to try to avoid having the projector turn on unless someone really meant to turn it on.

Anyone have any good 'tricks' for helping to avoid accidental activity selection? My best idea so far is to just put all of the Projector activities on their own page, separate from the rest of the activities.

Ideally, I'd set it up so picking a projector activity would display "Are you sure? y/n" on the screen, but I don't think that's possible

·
Registered
390 Posts
I know this seems to go against the principle of the remote, but maybe removing turning the projector on from all of those activities (have everything else come on) and then manually turning it on from the "devices" menu on the remote would be more suitable.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I have a dual setup (with TV/Projector in the same room). With my Harmony I have my activities created based on which device I want to view e.g. Watch TV LCD, Watch TV Projector, etc etc.

Additionally I believe there is a setting describing if the device is always on or not. I know for my projector I have to manually go into devices and hit the power toggle button to get it to turn on even after choosing one of its activities. So I THINK if you set it up as always on, then it forces you to manually turn it on when its off and manually power it down when its on. I think this would work for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts