AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I emailed WJAR 10 in Providence to ask about the status of their OTA tower in Rehoboth. It is listed on the FCC site as being on February 04.

They informed me that it would hopfully be on about mid-March.

Also there was an article in the ProJo yesterday about how COX and WPRI 12 have not come to terms over sending their HD signal on cable. Seems like Cox only wants to use of the signal (probably just the CBS stuff) and not multi cast the other channels.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Cox's HD service is lame and expensive. I am very glad that I gave up on Cox and went with D* many years ago. Until last year I was using Cox for the "basic" service to get locals. I have been getting the digital signals from Boston for over two years and realized that I NEVER watch any local Providence station any more. I have been watching HD for over two years with DirecTV. When I heard that Cox was finally going to start an HD service, I checked into it. It was expensive and had minimal offerings. They do not carry any OTA HD at this time since they no longer carry any Boston stations. Their ads initially stated that they would have NESN in HD. Not only has it not come true, but the ads no longer even include the NESN logo. The possibility of getting good HD service from Cox in the near future is zilch.

From Rehoboth you should be able to get all the Boston stations with a good UHF antenna and an STB, and it will probably be cheaper than Cox.

SMK

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.