AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm really not sure what to do. I currently have a NEC 9PG running in my HT. I recently got a Proxima DX3.... I love the picture on the DX3, but not sure about it vs. the 9PG. Could someone explain the pros/cons about this DLP vs my current CRT. And if I wanted to sell the DX3, what's the going price.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I assume you don't have the same kind of maint. cost that you do with a CRT.... Boards are expensive...Hard to find, etc. besides the bulbs, what are the costs of owning a DLP vs. CRT....

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I had a Davis DL450 , still do, and it can give great pictures.

I now have a NEC 6PG

However,

I have found that the NEC and Barco looks more 3D and better blacks an dgive a alround better picture than the Davis.

Another draw back with the Davis DLP is that the color changes over the life of the Bulb. While the Bulb is rated for 2000Hr after 1200Hr there is a color shift in the picture.

clopez

·
Banned
770 Posts
The proxima DX3 has been discontinued for quite some time now. Hard to know a value. If it were new with the specs it has, it would go for about $2200-$2300.00. Used it would go for exactly as much as you can get someone to buy it for :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When did they stop selling them. I've noticed people selling the DX2's on ebay... They are going for approx. $1600 - $2000 (used)

Does CRT have a superior picture to the this DLP model. (DX3)

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
I still very happily run a DX3 shooting on a 10' wide Da-lite Model-C screen.

I have improved my DX3's image even further by using a Blue Circle BC-84 PLC, a custom power cord made from a Harmonic Tech Pro-AC11 cord, and improving my HTPC with an ATI Radeon card and updated DVD playback software. This updates have greatly prolonged my enjoyment of this projector, until the nex tcrop of DLP's hit the streets. I also have a Panamorph.

- Andy

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I also have a 10' screen (Draper M2500 2.5 Gain). I'm running a Gforce2 with VGA (RGBHV) out to my NEC 9pG. I have a digital out on my GForce.... What's the longest Digital cord can I get...?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.